US Family Health Plan is committed to keeping you and your family safe, informed, and healthy. We’ve collected some online resources from state agencies and other organizations focused on concerns you may be having during this challenging time. Topics include: mental health, financial assistance, education and activities. The information described below is taken directly from each organization’s website. *Please note that this is not a comprehensive list, nor should any of the advice contained here be substituted for medical advice. This is merely a resource that we thought would be helpful to you.
Behavior Health Support:
- OMH Emotional Support Line: 1-844-863-9314. The Emotional Support Line provides free and confidential support, helping callers experiencing increased anxiety due to the coronavirus emergency. The Help Line is staffed by volunteers, including mental health professionals, who have received training in crisis counseling. NOTE: If you believe you are experiencing a behavioral health emergency, call 911 or your doctor immediately. This line is not to be used for emergency situations.
- Guidance for Managing Stress & Anxiety:
- Trouble Sleeping?
- COVID Resource/Information Hub for New Jersey:
- COVID Resource Hub for New York:
- Talking to Kids about the Coronavirus: Kids worry more when they’re kept in the dark
- AARP Live Q&A Events regarding the Coronavirus:
- AARP is hosting a regular series of Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Halls. Please bookmark this page and join us each Thursday for the latest information on the coronavirus by calling toll-free 855-274-9507. Directory of past events also available. AARP -Live Q&A Events
Resources Available to Military Families
- Blue Star Families – COVID-19 Military Support
- Founded in 2009 by military spouses with you in mind, we empower military families to thrive by connecting them with their civilian neighbors – both people and organizations – to create strong communities of support. Joining Forces to Support Military Communities and Families Through COVID-19 Crisis.
- Military OneSource – Military OneSource – Coronavirus Resource
- Military OneSource is your 24/7 connection to information, answers and support to help you reach your goals, overcome challenges and thrive.
- Military OneSource Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/military.1source/videos/2236853059956862/?vh=e&d=n
- State of New Jersey COVID-19 Jobs and Hiring Portal: https://jobs.covid19.nj.gov/
- Over 830 Employers in critical industries looking for new employees.
- New Jersey Department of Labor & Workforce Development:
- WCFA COVID Emergency Relief Fund
- The Enlisted Association of the National Guard of the United States (EANGUS) is proud to sponsor this grant to assist our Soldiers and Airmen affected by COVID-19. Membership in EANGUS is “NOT REQUIRED”. The WCFA COVID Emergency Relief Fund can provide financial assistance to current and former National Guard members who are experiencing financial hardship due to having lost their primary income, or who have an increased financial burden as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Over $250,000 in grant money is available. APPLICATION WILL OPEN ON MONDAY, MAY 4th @ 6PM, EASTERN TIME. https://eangus-wcfa.org/covid-19-application/
- Operation Homefront’s Critical Financial Assistance Program
- If you are active duty, deployed, a veteran, or are a wounded, ill or injured service member — and meet our criteria — you may be eligible for assistance from Operation Homefront’s Critical Financial Assistance.https://www.operationhomefront.org/custompage?Id=6364
- DAV COVID-19 Grant Program
- DAV is a nonprofit charity that provides a lifetime of support for veterans of all generations and their families. DAV will be distributing grants to provide aid to service-connected disabled veterans who have lost employment as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic are eligible. This includes veterans who are self-employed as contractors or small business owners. https://www.dav.org/covidrelief/
- AAPR Resource Directory
- Free Resources to Aid Veterans, Military, Their Families Amid COVID-19 Outbreak. https://www.aarp.org/home-family/voices/veterans/info-2020/free-coronavirus-resources.html
Fun Things to Do:
- 450 Ivy League courses you can take online right now for free
- The 8 Ivy League schools are among the most prestigious colleges in the world. They include Brown, Harvard, Cornell, Princeton, Dartmouth, Yale, and Columbia universities, and the University of Pennsylvania.Free Code Camp
- Keeping Busy while Social Distancing:
- A List of Live Virtual Concerts to Watch during the Coronavirus Shutdown. A calendar of music festivals and individual artists streaming concerts: NPR – Live Virtual Concerts