Eligibility and Enrollment
Enrollment in USFHP is simple!
We offer several enrollment options.
Who is eligible to enroll?
The Uniformed Services Family Health Plan is for family members of active-duty personnel, retirees, and family members of retirees.
In order to enroll in the Plan, you must be:
- An eligible beneficiary of the Military Health System
- A resident of New Jersey, parts of Pennsylvania, parts of Connecticut, or parts of New York (New York City, Westchester, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, Nassau, Putnam, and Dutchess counties)
- Show as eligible in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) database, and maintain a valid military identification card
An eligible individual must also be one of the following:
- Eligible Active Duty family members. This includes activated members of the National Guard and Reserve and their family members
- Uniformed Services retirees under the age of 65
- Eligible family members of Uniformed Services retirees under the age of 65
- Eligible family members of deceased Active Duty or retired Uniformed Services members under the age of 65
- Certain former spouses of active duty or retired service members may be eligible if they remained unmarried
Active Duty personnel and military beneficiaries age 65 and over are not eligible for USFHP.
The benefits of enrolling in USFHP’s plan
Our members are provided with the full TRICARE Prime benefits which include routine doctor visits, specialty care, hospitalization, urgent and emergent care, preventative health care services, and prescription coverage.
Our members also receive great healthcare benefits, which include:
- Same-day urgent care appointments
- Quick and easy specialty referrals
- An extensive network of providers and facilities close to your home
- Low-cost eyeglasses, preventive dental services, and gym membership reimbursements